A brief report from Lydiate Parish Councillor Edie Pope who attended the meeting of West Lancashire Borough Council’s Planning Committee last night as it decided (or didn’t decided) on the application to build wind turbines between Ince Blundell and Lydiate.
* The decision to either grant or refuse the application was deferred until November.
* One councillor said it should be on low quality land not high grade agricultural. [My point all along. Ed]
* The committee saw four thousand geese arrive at gore house farm. They also said the people who were for the wind farm didn’t live around here, one councillor said it was their responsibility to maintain our farmland so put them in the Mersey.
* It was deferred because eight councillors said they needed longer to process 120 pages of information.
* Was it a party political decision? All eight sat together and seemed to be all Labour members?
* Coriolis had 10 months to submit their proposals [feels more like 10 years. Ed] they should have had everything together by now.