A few highlights from last Tuesday’s Parish Council meeting
* Parish Council to spend £500 buying boundary planter troughs to go on Lydiate boundary signs for the Lydiate in Flower volunteer group. They will look similar to this Maghull one:-
* A £803 grant bid by Lydiate PC to the Lydiate-only John Gore Trust has been successful. It will help run community events at Lydiate Village Centre.
* Lydiate PC will continue to pay the Living Wage to its staff as opposed to the lower Minimum Wage. Music to the ears of this old trade unionist who helped bring in the LW to the Parish Council some years ago.
* A bid is being made to the Tesco Bags of Help grant fund to raise funds to set up a community garden, working with Lydiate in Flower volunteer group, on the Lambshear lane field where Lydiate Village Centre sits.
* Harking back to my previous postings about the potential for a multi-use sports area on Sandy Lane Park an initial expression of interest type bid is being made to a Football Foundation/Lottery for what would be a massive project to rebuild the present football changing rooms and progress the multi-use sports area idea.
Far too early to raise expectations about what will clearly be a hugely expensive, but most welcome project, if the Parish Council can once again be a successful grant bidder – It raised £0.5m from the National Lottery when the Village Centre was being constructed and which opened its doors in 2010.