Do you feel angry about the state of the UK at present because I do. We seem to be being run by pygmies when we need giants. Just look at the House of Commons; it’s not at all an inspiring place full of MP’s we can have confidence in.
Our NHS, Police, social care and economy are on the slide big time yet we are one of the richest counties in the world.
The human race is systematically trying to destroy the very planet we depend on via pollution, global warming and poor environmental husbandry generally. This is frankly well beyond the fringe issue which it generally is treated as, except when when an environmental/human disaster takes place of course.
I’ve had enough of it myself and here’s my radical list of things that need to be done starting yesterday:-
* No more privatisation of public services – only genuine, not for profit, Co-Ops and mutuals being possible alternatives to publicly run services.
* Get rid of of UK’s nuclear deterrent and spend the money on decent public services.
* Back the Right to Die; stop making excuses on this human rights issue.
* Campaign hard for Proportional Representation so everyone’s vote matters.
* Reject Brexit and everything it stands for to save jobs and our economy.
* Make sure the UK has the best/highest green/environmental credentials/policies.
* Campaign against killer air pollution before it kills us all.
* Fund the NHS and social care properly via general taxation.
* Promote a citizens universal wage/income.
* Wage a real war on poverty and the excesses of the super rich. Our economy needs to be seriously re-balanced before our society breaks down completely.
Oh I could go on but I do feel better for getting that off my chest….