Lydiate’s famous Scotch Piper Pub has gone up in flames within the last hour and it’s the second fire involving its thatched roof in a matter of weeks.
The first fire was thought to have been caused by a chimney fire but it was nowhere near as extensive as this afternoon’s blaze.
I counted 5 fire engines and a Merseyside Fire and Rescue control vehicle and as I post this news the fire is still burning in the thatch.
Such a sad event to strike such an historic building.
Note:- Click on the photos to enlarge them